I AM OBSESSED
I have been watching E9 now for 14 days.
He is the offspring of super mom Harriet and terrific dad M15.
One day old. Just barely bigger than the second egg.
Actually E9 was the second egg, and sadly, the first egg never hatched.
Mother Harriet is still sitting on it but the eagle experts believe it will soon deteriorate to the point that she will remove it from the nest. While it is still there, it is easy to measure little E9's rapid growth. On day one, he was just a little ball of fluff, barely able to hold up his head. His little peeps were adorable. Harriet and M15 took turns sitting on the nest, going for fish from the nearby pond and feeding the little eaglet.
First meals were bites of fish that were gently taken from Harriet.
E9 spends most of the day under Harriet while his father fills the pantry with large fish.
This is a huge nest that was rebuilt this summer after Harriet's old nest finally fell apart from big storms in the area. She and M15 did an amazing job as you will see.
More to follow... I accidentally published this instead of saving it til I was finished. Opps!
More to follow... I accidentally published this instead of saving it til I was finished. Opps!
I don't want to see any panties full of large or any other sized fish!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteHahahahaha! That's what happens when you hit "publish" instead of "send"!!!!!
ReplyDeleteInstead of "save" !!!
ReplyDeleteMore eaglet story to come....103 days old now!