Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Stoney Brook Park, New York, Part One

Continuing our trip in upstate New York...
Dot already posted some photos from Stoney Brook Park, but there are
 some more that I really like.  What a wonderful day!!

 We crossed the brook and followed a trail that went higher and higher along the edge of the cliff.  The climb was pretty steep in some places, with a few level areas to catch our breath.

The weather was perfect.

We wound up very high above the rest of the park.
From here we could see the park buildings, creek and some waterfalls.
 We were really higher than this photo suggests!

        Walt's Photo          


Walt's Photo            
There's a fence for a reason! It's straight down from here.

Ever feel like someone is following you? 
                                                                                                                                                                     Walt's photo

I think we lost them.

                                                                                                                                                                 Walt's Photo

Hmmm, what kind of plant is that?
                                                                                                                                                                         Walt's Photo

Enough of this high altitude hiking.
Let's go back and follow the trail next to the creek...
 but not until I prove I am still a kid...


This is a tough crowd to impress!!

I think everyone is just tired of me taking their photos every few feet.
And then my camera's battery died. 
Thankfully, Walt took photos for me, and I remembered I had a camera on my phone!

I'm glad we made it back. I think it's about time for lunch.


This was the perfect place for a picnic! 
And it is a good place to pause for now.  The rest of the day's hike will be continued...

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're posting again! I've missed seeing your pictures. It's 26 degrees, wet and windy--seeing these makes me really miss the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to get some more finished...

    ReplyDelete