We took Lindsey back with us to the hotel for lunch, where our entertaining waiter really made her feel like a celebrity. Afterwards we took a few more photos, as you can never have too many photos of beauty and happiness.
So proud of her that I can't even describe it with words.
After we got her to the airport for her trip back to Denver, the four of us drove up towards the base of the mountains to a military post and museum.
Lots of military equipment, from tanks to helicopters. A very interesting museum inside as well. I did a little wandering by myself, looking outside the fence. This is part of Univ. of Utah nestled right into the mountain.
Just a glimpse of the snow covered mountains in the distance.
We returned to downtown SLC for a tour of the Mormon Temple Square. What a breathtaking setting with acres and acres of spring flowers. The Temple itself is not open for tourists but there was a nice visitor center and museum. There is a large cut-away version of the Temple on display there which shows the layout of the Temple. The four corner towers are stairways as there are no elevators.
As seen from the end...
Inside the visitor center. You can almost see the model beyond the crowd.
This is the view through the window right past the scale model.
I was told that volunteers planted everything. Just gorgeous flowerbeds.
I wanted to jump right in!
And there were blue flower beds too!
I could barely keep up with Rod, Ray and Pat because I had to keep pausing to look at flowers!
Wait for me!
What a lovely setting for brides. This was just one of several that we saw.
It seems that every corner is a great photo opportunity.
Just a little closer.
The Mormon Tabernacle is just ahead on the left.
Can you see him?
This building was built from the leftover material from the Temple's construction.
One more look at the Temple towers...
Wonder who changes the light bulbs?
Let's see the rest of the flowers...
When did she grow up? She was starting Kindergarten yesterday.
So proud of her that I can't even describe it with words.
I believe she is ready to see the US, one city at a time.
After we got her to the airport for her trip back to Denver, the four of us drove up towards the base of the mountains to a military post and museum.
Lots of military equipment, from tanks to helicopters. A very interesting museum inside as well. I did a little wandering by myself, looking outside the fence. This is part of Univ. of Utah nestled right into the mountain.
Just a glimpse of the snow covered mountains in the distance.
We returned to downtown SLC for a tour of the Mormon Temple Square. What a breathtaking setting with acres and acres of spring flowers. The Temple itself is not open for tourists but there was a nice visitor center and museum. There is a large cut-away version of the Temple on display there which shows the layout of the Temple. The four corner towers are stairways as there are no elevators.
As seen from the end...
Inside the visitor center. You can almost see the model beyond the crowd.
This is the view through the window right past the scale model.
I was told that volunteers planted everything. Just gorgeous flowerbeds.
I wanted to jump right in!
And there were blue flower beds too!
I could barely keep up with Rod, Ray and Pat because I had to keep pausing to look at flowers!
Wait for me!
What a lovely setting for brides. This was just one of several that we saw.
It seems that every corner is a great photo opportunity.
Just a little closer.
The Mormon Tabernacle is just ahead on the left.
It was open for tourists! Although the Choir was not there that day, the organist was practicing!
This building was built from the leftover material from the Temple's construction.
One more look at the Temple towers...
Wonder who changes the light bulbs?
Let's see the rest of the flowers...
We also visited the Mormon genealogy center across the street. I think I could have stayed there for hours. We headed home the next morning. It was a wonderful trip and I am sure that Lindsey has found something she will really love doing. And I will love being able to travel!
Stand By, here I come!
Stand By, here I come!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThat place is beautiful! I never knew there were all those flower gardens. I'd like to see it with snow, too.
ReplyDeleteIt was amazingly beautiful.
DeleteWhat are the pink flowers, in the second photo after the first blue flowerbed pic? They're all gorgeous. It sort of looks like DisneyLand
ReplyDelete