Lindsey spent a month in Salt Lake City, Utah this spring becoming a Flight Attendant !
She had great stories about the classes and classmates.
I waited every night to hear them.
Finally her month of intense work paid off, so Dad and I flew to Utah for the graduation ceremony, bringing two surprises with us...Aunt Pat and Uncle Ray.
Somewhere between here and there.
Luckily got a seat next to Rod...while traveling on standby!
My first "peak" at our destination. The GS Lake and City are in upper left corner.
The town goes right to the base of the mountains.
A little more of the town is visible now...
Downtown Salt Lake City through the clouds.
While preparing to land, I finally saw "part" of the Great Salt Lake.
I'm pretty sure this is Farmington Bay, just south of the actual lake which we did not fly directly over. We arrived from the SE and the Bay is between the airport and the lake. We never got a chance to actually see the Great Salt Lake. Maybe next time!
The dark spots are cloud shadows.
Looks hot and hazy.
It's pretty salty and crusty looking...
Landing gear is coming down. Still pretty high.
Hmm....At least there are mountains in the distance...
My impression is still... salty and crusty.
Not the most scenic view upon landing... but it will improve.
Hooray! Lovely mountains in the distance!
Since the mountains seem to surround the city, I never got my bearings the whole weekend.
Luckily, our hotel was about a mile from the airport, and downtown was a short distance away.
We all liked the hotel. Here's another view of the ever present mountains surrounding us.
Or rather, here are some rosebushes and a tree in front of the hotel, with mountains in the distance....
Next stop, to go get Lindsey!
Oh look...Rod's reading about.....planes!
ReplyDelete