Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Mostly Quiet at Lake Somerville


What a difference two days make!
 Nathan, Lindsey and I return to Lake Somerville for another day of sun and fun.

 The crowds are gone, and all that remains is the debris
 left behind by all the Memorial Day celebrators.

  Unbelievable!

Someone even left these bodies on top of the picnic tables. 
 Now I understand why the vultures were waiting...


There's no line at the boat ramp so we get the jet skis in the water and claim our spot.



The lake is beautiful and so calm, but the shoreline is a mess!

What kind of people just leave their trash all over the place?

 It feels like we are the only people on the lake, until another family shows up and parks next to us.
  Really?  With all the open picnic areas, they had to choose the one next to us?
I guess that means we have a good spot.

So today the blue Sea Doo worked just fine.

But the Red one wouldn't run good.  That's ok. We can take turns. There are only three of us.
We decided to just park the red one.

I can still sit on it and pretend while Lindsey races across the lake.
I can have fun anywhere!

I think the glare from my white legs was blinding Lindsey.  She reminded me to use sunscreen.
Go ahead and have fun.  The lake is very smooth today.
Just don't get lost!

Now this is a smooth lake!

After a while we decide to pull Lindsey on another raft.
 I am riding backwards the whole time taking photos while we go in circles.

You can see here how much litter was eventually going to blow into the lake. 
That's Nathan's new white truck.


Go faster!

Here we go...


We have the whole lake to ourselves it seems.

Let's see how fast you can go... Remember to lean!

We have decided this would be even better with a pair of goggles to keep the spray out of her eyes.

I need a break after all the backward circles!
 So after a brief break, Lindsey is back on the Sea Doo.



I am just overwhelmed at all the litter left everywhere. 
If I had a plastic bag, I'd clean up the area.
And suddenly, a golf cart appears with the camp rangers who happen to have plastic bags with them.  As many as I want.  So while Lindsey is on the lake, Nathan and I clean up our campsite.  And the next two as well.  
We filled up at least 6 or 7 bags of trash.

Where's Lindsey?
Hard at work holding the raft in the water...


Wish I had gloves, but at least I discovered the water faucet!
What a difference we made.  The camp rangers thanked us again.

Back to the water!
Nathan swims out to the buoy to get a good photo of Lindsey.
(Notice how clean the shoreline looks now. )


It isn't as easy as he makes it look.

Lindsey rode past him several times without seeing him in the water.
I gave her a hard time for not seeing him, but later learned how easy that is to do!

Let's get an action shot.

Easier said than done!

Here she comes again...

Nathan tells her just where to be and how fast to go.
Alright, here we go for the perfect shot!

Success!
This looks like an advertisement for pure fun!

I had another turn on the Sea Doo and got it up to 54 mph on this smooth lake. 
Yesterday the best I could do was 35 mph on the rough water.
I made several long runs before I hit 54.

I didn't see Nathan and Lindsey on the shore, or by the truck...
and I was trying to figure out where they had gone...

Finally I noticed Nathan and Lindsey in the water, waiting for me to make a photo pass!
Not quite...

 Taa Daaaa!

Can't you just feel the water and hear the roar of the engine?
I want one of these!

Many, many thanks to Nathan for giving us three fun days on the water!

Due to a request, I have some more photos of me.
  Usually the photographer is rarely included, but Lindsey took these photos for me.

After a short break, I took one more ride.
Thanks Lindsey, for getting this graceful pose getting settled on the jet ski.

  Gotta get turned around.  Wow. My legs are scary looking!!



See you later!


3 comments:

  1. Those are great! Lindsey looks like a model. You should make a book and use the rear pic for the last page.

    I can't believe how disgusting some people can be..Too bad there wasn't a park cop there fining them every time they tossed some garbage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to see you (all sides) in the photos. I love Lindsey's teeth. What a smile. I'll bet the lake is just as filthy after this holiday too. Campers' standards must have fallen since we were little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine going off and leaving all my trash from the whole day. Do they think it just evaporates?
      And thanks! I love Lindsey's smile too.

      Delete