Lindsey and I went with Nathan to visit his friends who have a lake house
on Canyon Lake near Austin. Another fun day on a lake!
Two days in a row!
on Canyon Lake near Austin. Another fun day on a lake!
Two days in a row!
The friends have three kids, a lake house, a cool boat, two jet skis, a miniature horse, a yellow lab and a goat that goes everywhere.
Unless it doesn't want to.
We said boating, not goating. Today is the dog's turn to go with the family.
We had a nice lunch on the boat while it was anchored by the lake house, then the fun began.
We took turns riding in the boat and on the jet skis and then Lindsey and Nathan took a turn on the Phantom raft.
This is the same unsuspecting look that people have before the roller coaster takes off...
Hang on!
This was an easy run at low speed...
Still having fun!
Sunglasses went overboard but were retrieved thanks to their attached float !
Here's another fun-filled ride!
Wow, the water is so blue compared to Lake Somerville's muddy color.
Meanwhile, back in the raft...
The jet skis are catching up with us.
Pretty close! Look out, Carrie!
Are we still having fun? Oh Yes.
Then along came one HUGE wave that somehow tossed Nathan out of the raft.
Not wanting to be left behind, Lindsey threw herself overboard as well.
The boat was brought around and we picked up the wet and weary pair.
Time to dry out and have a rest. After all the excitement, I declined my turn to ride the Phantom!
A lovely sail boat passed us by.
The Bow and the bow wow.
What is the guy up front doing?
This was a gathering at The Cove. Looks like party time!
We just cruised around to look at the gathering of cool boats.
I was riding the jet ski, without my glasses since I didn't want to lose them,
and couldn't find our boat when I returned to this area.
Lines from the old children's book, Are You My Mother? flashed in my brain.
Luckily I saw the red Phantom on the back of one, and found my way back to the correct boat.
and couldn't find our boat when I returned to this area.
Lines from the old children's book, Are You My Mother? flashed in my brain.
Luckily I saw the red Phantom on the back of one, and found my way back to the correct boat.
Mike is at the helm with jet skis in pursuit.
Was that a catfish?
The lake appears deceptively calm here. It was actually quite choppy.
You can see how I could barely make a video with all the bouncing...
Is it still a photo bomb if the bomber is sleeping?
Nathan gets some time on his jet ski. Go Nathan Go!
This is the dam on Canyon Lake.
We had a wonderful time today on the lake.
Lots of water memories, like when I tried to climb from one jet ski to another.
Despite hanging on to both jet skis, I managed to fall in the water when they drifted too far apart.
I wasn't the only thing that fell in the water. Lindsey's phone accidentally went under water too.
By the end of the day, we were tired and hungry.
After a long scenic walk from the shore back up to the lake house, we changed clothes, had a delicious dinner at a local restaurant, then drove back to Mother's.
Tomorrow we head back to Lake Somerville!
Nathan gets some time on his jet ski. Go Nathan Go!
This is the dam on Canyon Lake.
We had a wonderful time today on the lake.
Lots of water memories, like when I tried to climb from one jet ski to another.
Despite hanging on to both jet skis, I managed to fall in the water when they drifted too far apart.
I wasn't the only thing that fell in the water. Lindsey's phone accidentally went under water too.
By the end of the day, we were tired and hungry.
After a long scenic walk from the shore back up to the lake house, we changed clothes, had a delicious dinner at a local restaurant, then drove back to Mother's.
Tomorrow we head back to Lake Somerville!
What a beautiful lake! Is that their house in the last photo?
ReplyDeleteYes! It has a wonderful view of the lake. There is a massive fireplace. The original owner picked out every stone for the fireplace and made the long rock wall too. They are going to remodel/update the house and surroundings. Now the dog, goat and miniature horse have the run of the place. The goat has foam horn-protectors that she wears in the house, to protect guests and furniture!
ReplyDelete