Sunday, February 24, 2013

Red-winged Blackbirds

 Lots of little birds come to my feeder during the winter.
I love the juncos, finches, chickadees, cardinals, etc.
And then there are the red-wings...

 I suspect the speckled ones are immature red-wings. They have the winglet patch.

I can't keep the feeders full... 
All red-wings waiting for lunch...

Opps, did I bump the window?
  
I've started scattering seeds on my door step.  The little birds come close, but not the big ones.

This was taken recently. I love how the juncos are sitting on the sidelines, patiently waiting for their turns.
We will ALL be glad when the blackbirds find somewhere else to hang out! 

1 comment:

  1. I like my juncos, too. I think they're living under the back deck. I've seen them hopping out to snack on seeds, then scooting back beneath it. They also dig in the snow with their feet!

    ReplyDelete