Monday, February 25, 2013

Snow, Snow and More Snow

Well, winter has finally arrived in Kansas.  I thought we were going to miss it this year.
 While I have little use for snow, it does look pretty. At least for a few days before it gets messy...
Here's a look around the area.... 



 I shoveled this so Rod could get in the garage.




The driveway is somewhere under here.

 I hope the roof holds up!

 Well at least the runway is getting plowed.  I'm sure there are planes lined up to take off in this weather....




I was so glad when the sun came out two days ago!

Our neighbor Frank, bless his heart, plowed our whole driveway.

Thank you Frank. Now we can get out of the yard.

 Since I have been taking my water color class I have been fascinated with color.  I never paid attention to all the blue in snow shadows before.

 Don't stand too long under this!

  Or here either!

Rare ice stalagmites.
Little bird footprints too.

I decided to take the saucer sled and play on the hill next door. 
I had to get there first.





Trudging through the snow... 


 I don't know what made these tracks.  They were tiny.


My sled tracks down the hill... 
It was a lot of fun but I felt like everyone in the restaurant was watching me.  My pond was even better than the hill.

 Side view looking back up the side of the pond.

Here's a video from the pond.

And now we have another foot of snow in the forecast!
 

2 comments: