We headed to south Texas for Grandma's birthday,
with a stopover in Webster.
Loved the warm March weather!
We passed a couple of cruise ships in Galveston Bay
on our way to visit a drilling rig museum.
The Crown Princess is twice as big as the Disney Magic.
I liked these lines and angles.
Well, this is a different kind of propeller...
This is the Ocean Star museum at the end of the walkway.
A colony of pelicans claims the rocks below.
A colony of pelicans claims the rocks below.
There appears to be some avian segregation.
Not at this end though...
Not at this end though...
black and white birds are buddies here.
Love the black feet!
And now some odd sleeping positions...
Okay, okay, I'm awake!
Enjoying the sunshine.
The brown pelicans gather on yonder rocks.
( Birds of a feather DO flock together.)
These large birds almost blend in to their surroundings...
Let's get a little closer.
They completely ignore me.
Love the colors...
These two were giving me the eye.
Pelican decoys?
Something about them reminds me of a FarSide cartoon.
I am fascinated by them and start planning a water color painting...
Drying and preening, preening and drying...
Columbus discovers new land...
and it's already occupied.
Waterfront property, two locations, single occupancy, available immediately.
Next stop... the museum.
I like the one with the "I'm awake" caption. Show us your paintings!!
ReplyDeleteFunny how they are they same colors as pooped-on rocks.
ReplyDelete