Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Spring Break! Part One


It was so wonderful to be in Texas again. 

I didn't go by myself though. These two characters came with me, along with Delilah and Kiwi. 

I have been waiting since December to go to a watercolor exhibit at the Houston Fine Arts Museum.
 Lindsey and Nathan went with me. I loved every minute of it.

We were not supposed to take photos but I managed to get this one before the guard descended upon me.  I put my camera away quickly!


Nathan teased me because I teared up looking at each of the 90 paintings on display. I loved being able to closely examine each one. I was just so happy to be there!

I wasn't allowed to take any photos at the exhibit but here is one from a book... It was much better in person!

I did manage to take photos in the tunnel between museum buildings.  The passageway was also a work of art.  The first thing you see is a big blue square wall.


Then you walk around behind it and see this.  It is very disorienting. We were warned to stay on the walkway.  And "No Flash! No Flash!" ( because I am pretty sure the flash would have ruined the effect!)

After the museum, we dropped Lindsey off to visit a friend from Wichita who now lives in downtown Houston. Nathan and I drove to Katy to get his bike and then he took me to see a haunted cemetery that he found in a park while bike riding.

The cemetery is behind the fence. It is locked up with a NO TRESPASSING sign.


I've never seen a cemetery with barbed wire...
Just wondering why...


We stopped in another part of the park where there was a little zoo.
I visited with a feisty looking emu.


 And there was an area with pot bellied pigs,
But it was mostly filled with buzzards.


Here are a few of them...out of more than a hundred!

Showing off...

Next Stop.....Galveston!

5 comments:

  1. How fun! I How does Nathan know the cemetery is haunted? Those buzzards are pretty creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of stories about it. A small community used to be there but was moved around 1904( I think) because of flooding problems. There used to be a church next to the cemetery too. The graves were relocated but there are still one or two headstones I could almost read. I think the fence was put up to keep the kids and devil worshipers out of it. I didn't feel anything weird there but Nathan said it gave him the creeps. I don't think I'd go there in the dark tho!

      Delete
  2. Is that cemetery near Groeschke road? I knew a lady who's parents had an old farm nearby; near the haunted bridge (?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, fairly close. It's in Bear Creek Park and Groeschke is right there too. He showed me the bridge. It looks normal in the daytime.
      Diane, Nathan heard that if you park on the bridge, ghost soldiers come tap on your windows. He took his girlfriend and her family there one night and got scared when they passed a crowd of people standing there next to the bridge. They felt like they were interrupting something and didn't even slow down. Later in the daylight they found a big pentagram drawn on a sidewalk close by. That was also where the ghost bicycle riders were crossing the street with Nathan.

      Delete