Thursday, November 6, 2014

Spring Break Part 2

Galveston Island 2014

Nathan took us all to the beach. It was a wonderful day.
We had a delicious lunch in a restaurant on the Seawall. Then we stopped for a while on the bay side 
near the drilling museum where all the pelicans gather. One of my favorite spots! 


Time to feed the seagulls!


Lindsey's biggest fan. 
Ok, it's a propeller.


Maggie was enjoying the salty air.  She just wasn't quite sure about the water below us!



Same spot with two Cool People...



Always making us laugh...
I love how their feet are the same!


No Fishing, Maggie!


Sitting on the dock of the bay...


I couldn't wait to walk down to see the pelicans.



These two gulls seemed interested in what we were doing.
 Maybe they didn't know what to think about Maggie.


Just one pelican at first, but more began arriving.
Did you notice the egret in the tire on the boat?




I think this is a young pelican.



Two pelicans


Three pelicans...


Suddenly there are four!


I think we can squeeze in one more...


A white pelican drifted past us.




I loved this photo so much that I painted it later.




I liked this pose too...


Had to paint it too.

Next stop.... On the beach with Nathan.
Stay tuned for Part 3.


3 comments:

  1. Your paintings are beautiful! So realistic. I'm glad you had this time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I didn't see these sooner, haven't been on any blogs in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me a while to be able to post the pictures without crying. Now you need to get back on it too. We need some Buffy pictures!

    ReplyDelete