Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Last Year's Daylilies

 I hope I have good flowers this year. I'm a little worried because we have had so much rain lately.
I know I have shown these before, but I might have new ones.
Just going to go through them, no names or comments. Just enjoy.

Those were my fancy ones. I have two or three of each of them. 
They multiply each year so keeping my fingers crossed for this year!

These are some I have had more than 2 yrs.
Old-timey kind native to Kansas.
 
 These all bloom at different times during the summer.
 Some are early, some are mid season and some are late bloomers. 
 And a couple of them even rebloom during the season.
Some are short and some are very tall. 
Most have at least twenty buds per stem. 
I have one huge bed of the native kind, with hundreds that get to 
three feet tall with a dozen buds on each stem. 
Most of those are double and triple petaled.. 
I think out of all of them, the last one is my favorite, but don't tell the rest of them!
They all think they are my favorite. 
Can't wait to see the new ones I planted last fall!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I should try to make a bed for lilies. I love the last one best, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Mama and Mother both loved day lilies.

    ReplyDelete