Our little pond fills up when the neighbor's pond overflows into ours. Then our pond eventually will crest the opposite spillway and flow in the grass along the edge of my yard, through the driveway culvert and into a small ditch before continuing on through the neighborhood.
I noticed a fish in the ditch after the last big rain. All I could see was his tail, but I could tell he was large. Somehow he survived the trek from the pond to the ditch. Several attempts to catch him with a net were failures. I decided to wait til the water was a bit lower to try to return him to the pond. Unfortunately something else caught him before I did. I found him in my grass when I was mowing.
Sorry, Mr. Fish. I wish you had not been on the menu at the Overflow Cafe...
I wish I could have seen you trying to catch it with a net. :) What kind of fish is it?
ReplyDeleteI was told he was just a carp. I don't know what got him out of the ditch, as big as he was!
DeleteHe must have had a long life (for a fish) as big as he was.
ReplyDeleteThat's either one big fish or an amazingly small foot.
ReplyDeleteThat's my foot. He was really big. Now he really stinks.
ReplyDeleteCarp update: I have learned from the neighbors that he was a grass carp put in the pond to keep the grass under control.
ReplyDelete