My wisteria had just started blooming when I took this photo. Pretty soon the blossoms were large and fragrant. And full of the biggest bumblebees you can imagine!
Well, looky here. I see a tulip trying to peek through the day-lilies...
My good friend Linda once told me to prune them back in September for good results in the spring. Boy was she right! I have done it every year since then with terrific results. The blossoms lasted for a couple of weeks this year before it began to leaf out.
Last week I went out to get the mail and discovered a turtle in the corner of the garage.
Well, hello there Mr. Red Ear Slider. That is not a good place to hide. Let me take you to safety.
It will just be a short bucket ride. No worries. Almost there...
Good bye! You're welcome!!
This is what happens when it rains a lot and you can't mow the lawn.... the dandelions take over!
That's the restaurant across the runway from us.
Wouldn't this make a great puzzle?
Today the neighbor's pet ducks and the mallard who has moved in with them came over to check out what was in my bucket...
What do you think she has? I don't know... let's go stare at her until she feeds us! Yeah, give her the stink eye.
I don't think it's working. She's just taking pictures of us...
This is taking too long. If she had food, she would have tossed it to us by now.
Let's get out of here...
Darn those Canadian geese! They just don't know when to leave. Let's sneak over and mess up their area like they do ours! I think the coast is clear. Come on!
Red alert, red alert. Geese are approaching, repeat, geese are approaching.
Ok fellows, truce. We'll return to our side of the spillway even though we outnumber you.
Ooooh look. I just stepped in goose poop!
That's why we keep you around, Mallard... You always quack me up!
Territory established. Peace resumes on the pond...
And finally, what could be more peaceful than staring at this?
This is my favorite peony, almost in full bloom.
What was in the bucket, rescued fish?
ReplyDelete