Saturday, May 19, 2012

Birdseye Views of Manhattan


A while back we had a look at the scenic road up to Manhattan.  
Now I have some photos from the last time I visited up there. 
I had a friendly driver to show me around town.

This is a building on campus that I have always liked.  Lindsey had a ballet class there.
 
 M is for Manhattan.


There is a park with a picnic area up there.  We drove up to get a good look at the town.

The tour guide led me to the letters and the scenic view.

I started walking on the letters but it was steeper than it looked!



The view from up here covers just a small part of the town.
This historical marker  on top of the hill refers to early settlers who came to Manhattan in the 1800's.
 


We drove up to Tuttle Creek Reservoir, a few miles outside of town.

This is the spillway  on the other side of the dam.

We were going to stop at a marina but there was a guard at the entrance of the park and we couldn't drive through without paying.


 So instead we drove by the spillway.

Next time we will tour a little more of the town and the campus.
 We were running late and wanted to get home.
Classes are over and summer has begun!

2 comments:

  1. We went to Cornell today--there's a building that looks castle-like, very similar to yours. I think it was the military-science building.
    I don't think of trees and water, though, when I picture Kansas in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love castle-y buildings too. Kansas is not as flat as I thought.

    ReplyDelete