Remember how green the wheat was a few weeks ago?
The fields are beginning to change color.
It won't be long til harvest time, the one time of the year that I seem to have allergies.
Now that the weather is nice, everyone is flying more.
This draws the crowds to the restaurant just across the runway from us.
I know they aren't watching me but I feel like I have an audience whenever I go out in my backyard.
This corn field is just now coming up. We'll check on its progress in a few weeks.
Hmm, I wonder what is on fire?
War of the Worlds, Kansas style?
A house in town...
I'm pretty sure no one uses the front door.
Benton, the birthplace of boredom.
Are all those people from airplanes landing in Benton, or is it also a regular restaurant? It looks like you're just a few weeks ahead of us, weather-wise; I think the fields are just now being planted.
ReplyDeleteIt is a regular restaurant, and the only one for 6 miles any direction. The locals and folks from Towanda as well as Wichita come here. Pilots from other places fly here for a meal. An airport restaurant is always a good excuse to fly somewhere. As if they need a reason...
ReplyDeleteTrick-or-treaters beware at that house. The porch roof might fall on you. Love seeing the fields.
ReplyDeleteThe Honeysuckle House people actually use a side door. I think it is pretty.
ReplyDelete