Saturday, January 12, 2013

Hidden Reflections

 I know we don't see infrared or ultraviolet light, but the idea of light
 having different wave lengths that we can't see always puzzles me.

When this glass sat in a shaft of sunlight, and I accidentally blocked part of the light,
 a hidden reflection appeared.  I could only see it when I caused a shadow.

Of course an investigation followed.
Here is my little show...

Water Glass Eclipse

Water Glass detail

Mug Eclipse

Water Glass II

Carlos' Fish Bowl

Peanut Butter

Grape Jelly

How strange to think that these reflections were there just waiting to be seen?
Perhaps I have too much free time on my hands?


2 comments:

  1. How neat.I thought L's fish died when she tripped on the stairs. Is this one yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, this is the replacement that I have been fish-sitting over Christmas. Mine is Elery.

    ReplyDelete