Thursday, January 3, 2013

Winter Visitors

The red bellied woodpecker is back.

 Uh oh, looks like I need to refill this suet basket!
That's just sad!

Don't worry. The birds have been happy since I got my new bird feeder. 
I replaced the suet too.

I'm not sure what the yellowish bird is.
 Maybe a goldfinch in winter plumage?
The gray one is a little Junco.
Today I had about 30 little friends waiting for me.  One of them tapped on my window. 
Hey Lady! We need more food!
Even the squirrels were waiting but I scared off everyone when I went out to feed them.
I had a pair of cardinals, two kinds of woodpeckers, juncos, finches, chickadees and sparrows.  I am waiting to see a bluebird. 


2 comments:

  1. I see you kept the suet in the plastic case. We bought one, for the first time ever, and I didn't know if we were supposed to remove it completely out of the plastic before putting it in the cage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it makes any difference. I left that one in the plastic and the birds seemed to still be able to eat all of it. My new one came without the plastic case. The woodpecker likes it.

    ReplyDelete