We started the week at Ray's and Pat's house.
They have a perfect yard for birdwatching.
And sometimes, big birds are watching the birds too.
Somehow I forgot to take any photos of our Thanksgiving dinner!
I can assure you it was delicious because Pat is a wonderful cook!
This is our day-after meal, with Grandma and Craig, who had just returned from a trip.
We had to rest after eating so much!
Lindsey learned how to knit a scarf.
Where is Pat?
Always cooking up something good in the kitchen!
Enjoying the warm day!
Time for a family photo...
The fountain people are trying to look nonchalant.
Lindsey, Pat and I joined our cousin Sandra and John for lunch one day.
It was wonderful to meet them after corresponding for so long.
Late evening at Challenger Memorial Park.
I loved the park but felt it had a rather unremarkable monument to the Challenger astronauts.
The park has a large deer population.
We saw them in the fields and under the boardwalk that ended at a pond.
We don't have any Spanish moss up here. Kind of eerie...
Another interesting tree...
Camouflaged deer under the boardwalk.
We managed to get out of the park before the gates were closed on us.
How I love foggy mornings!
I wish I had taken a close up of the huge stag horn ferns under the tree. They are amazing.
We had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed our visit! There was much, much more, but believe it or not, I didn't take my camera with me everywhere.
Next stop is Brenham..Stay tuned for part 2 of Thanksgiving week.
The park has a large deer population.
We saw them in the fields and under the boardwalk that ended at a pond.
We don't have any Spanish moss up here. Kind of eerie...
Another interesting tree...
Camouflaged deer under the boardwalk.
We managed to get out of the park before the gates were closed on us.
How I love foggy mornings!
I wish I had taken a close up of the huge stag horn ferns under the tree. They are amazing.
We had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed our visit! There was much, much more, but believe it or not, I didn't take my camera with me everywhere.
Next stop is Brenham..Stay tuned for part 2 of Thanksgiving week.
No comments:
Post a Comment