Thursday, January 3, 2013

Neighborhood Stroll

Mid December had a few unusually warm days.
 I took a little walk around the neighborhood.

Hedge apples littered the ground.
I wondered if anything ate these.

Apparently so.

Lean on me.
This looks like a dramatic fainting tree.

What the road past my neighborhood looks like... It's paved down by us. 

Looks like the birds have plenty to eat.


 This is the south end of the runway.
 There is a new neighborhood going in on the left side.  Hangars on the right.
The first three hangars are really hangar homes. There is a whole house built inside each, in addition to the hangar. The owners live there full time. They are pretty snazzy too.

This is a sight I don't often see.
Not even a hint of a breeze.

Just a long walk down the 5100 ft runway back to home. 
Now I wish I had my bicycle!

3 comments:

  1. Show more of the neighborhood! I've never seen where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We called those bois d'arc apples back in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I will make a neighborhood post soon.
    I called them bois d'arc apples when I first moved here. Someone informed me that they are hedge apples in Kansas. The tree is even called a hedge tree... from the hedge rows. When you buy firewood, they ask if you want oak, hickory or hedge.
    The hedge burns really, really hot. It doesn't take much at once to get a good roaring fire.

    ReplyDelete