Saturday, September 14, 2013

Far Horizons

This is my favorite backyard view. 
 There is a farm in the clearing on the left side of the horizon.


And here we are on that distant hilltop.

At night you can see a light from this house on the hilltop.


And this is right below it...
We can barely see the top of the silo from the backyard.

From the top, looking back toward Dot's hillside.
    

The house in the middle is Dot's nearest neighbor.
 
Her house is hidden in the trees.  

No wonder they see so many bears.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! Ken will be excited to see these pics. I didn't realize you had a good one of the neighbor's house and storage thing--I thought it was too hazy that day.I can't believe it took me so long to figure out how to find which road led to that farm. Looking thru binoculars, that silo top appeared to be a small propane tank, or metal shed. I never dreamed it was a silo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and my next goal should be to find that house and barn above us in that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK. I'm extremely directionally-challenged. Is that house/barn the one up our own road, that we stopped so you could take pictures of(with the empty slats up high)? I sort of recognize the yellowish barn door.

      Delete
  3. I think that's the one. I do have a close up of that barn too. I'll check it next time I'm on my computer. I didn't remember a house with it tho...

    ReplyDelete