Saturday, September 7, 2013

On the Road Again...to New York

Let's get the truck packed and get on the road!


How many people are going on this trip? 
There's even more stuff inside the cab.

We are taking the Norfolk pine to Dot's house. 
 It takes up one third of the back seat.

 This is the fancy oleander that I mentioned in a previous post. 
 It was in the parking lot of the motel where we spent the first night on the trip.


 This very large mimosa tree was in the same parking lot.  We started seeing them growing in large groups in the forests along the way.  I didn't know they grew so tall, and have never even considered them growing anywhere besides in a yard.  I probably wouldn't have noticed them if they weren't blooming.  It was sort of startling to see all the pink flowers! Lovely, though.



We are coming into Cincinnati, OH.  I liked the skyline view.
Lots of traffic. 

Even though Ohio was pretty and had nice rest stops, I don't think I could live there.

Let's have a closer look at that sign...
 This is just my opinion, but if you have to give awards for snow and ice removal, you have way too much snow and ice.

Are we there yet? Norfolk pine wants to know...

We are getting closer!  The white flowers in this photo turned out to be wild roses that are blooming all over New York state.

After two and a half days, we have finally arrived!!!
I am pretending I am a rhododendron. 
Mother and Dot aren't buying it.

4 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for your pictures. I miss that sticky sweet smell of mimosas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine are blooming again. And so is my wisteria...but only a few blossoms. I am getting ready to severely cut it back at the end of Sept.

      Delete
    2. I bet Azalea was jealous of Norfolk.

      Delete
    3. I don't know if she is still with us. I'll have to ask Mother.

      Delete