There must be a genetic trait for cemetery attraction. We all have it. It's a family tradition to poke around in old cemeteries. Some are eerie; some appear abandoned. And some look like pleasant places to rest in peace.
Here are just a few of those places...
This has been here for a long time.
I bet he has an interesting story.
This bridge leads into a nearby town. We finally stopped to see the cemetery beside the river.
This felt very park-like, but it continued farther into the trees and held some very old graves.
I don't think it would feel this friendly after dark...
Walt dared to be dangerous and walked on the train track that ran adjacent to the cemetery.
Don't get your foot stuck!!
And here we are at the old favorite cemetery where we collected moss last year.
Has there been some vandalism here?
I don't remember seeing so many headstones toppled over last year.
Dot suggested that winter weather is probably responsible for heaving the ground and displacing the headstones. Well, that makes sense.
This place is on my "could be a little creepy" list as I know I wouldn't be here alone at night!
If we ever had enough courage to drive back here at night, this would probably be a great place to take photos in the dark. I bet there would be all sorts of orbs floating around!
Another day we visited Fran's grave in a pleasant cemetery.
He is buried next to his mother. I have her clock, trunk, quilt and oak table that Fran gave me years ago. I hope Fran and his mother are happy that I am taking care of her things.
We also visited Bill's family in Sweden Hill Cemetery.
This is another easy to visit, pleasant to look at cemetery.
Some people avoid cemeteries. I like to think that our friends, relatives and neighbors who rest there appreciate our brief visits. Gone but not forgotten.
Don't tell Walt that I told you, but he doesn't enjoy cemeteries as much as we do. I need to make a list of ones to visit, because I've found a few more old ones closer to the college.
ReplyDeleteAlso--there's a new show on Monday nights on BIO--Ghost Bait! The commercial has a person with a burlap bag being put over his head,asking if he wants to be ghost bait. Sounds like a winner!!
DeleteDang it==Saturday night, not Monday
DeleteGhost Bait....what happens when you catch one??
Delete