Saturday, September 7, 2013

Letchworth State Park

One of our first trips was to a beautiful state park.

Dot has already posted photos of this amazing park, but I have to add some more.

There are so many vantage points to experience the falls.
Some are safer than others.
 

Everybody looks serious!



Disclaimer: The various "orbs" in this photo are water spots on the lens... There was lots of splashing from the falls.

Later we will be up on the high point I'm calling Red Hat Overlook. This is a zoomed-in shot...

We have started walking uphill and will eventually return and walk all the way up to that bridge in the distance.


 The clean up crew?


This is good advice, as it is a very long way down...


White Woman of the Genesee







Resting in a nice gazebo.

Tree hugging today.

 Just stop being so cute!

Another caution sign...

It is steeper than it looks.
  Ken has a headstart.



I think this trail comes out behind the museum.
 I kept feeling like someone was walking right behind me, but no one was there.

This is a restaurant and gift shop. The gardens were lovely.



Here's a close up of that peony. 
 I've never seen this kind before...

This is the view from the Red Hat Overlook.
We were standing in that circle at the beginning of this trip.

Thank heavens for Mr. Letchworth!

Time for a little game. Can you spot the differences?



How about here?

This one is too easy...

We are sitting in front of the Middle Falls. 

Our next destination will be the Upper Falls which are way up by that bridge. This looks like a good place to stop.
Did you notice the three tiny people on the trail?
Sometimes it is hard to determine the scale of the waterfall.

See you in Letchworth Part Two.

4 comments:

  1. Jeez louise my arse looks huge. Please pull that shirt down if you ever see me like that again!!
    I forgot about Mother hanging on, and I have no memory at all of the red hat bunch. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it doesn't. You are just not used to seeing your behind from behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everybody looks bigger in a photo. (Especially me). I love when Walt holds Mother's feet. Everyone looks so good. Y'all just get better looking all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I drove everyone nuts taking photos! I'm glad they play along with me.

      Delete