Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Letchworth Park, Part Two

We're not finished with Letchworth Park...




I think I could stand here all day and listen to the roar of the water.
 

After a nice picnic, we head on to the Upper Falls.

It looks like Walt is taller than his father!


Our next destination!


People were picnicking on that shaded ledge near the center of the photo. 
That might indicate the size of the falls.
 The green patch below the ledge was a bunch of wild irises.


Taking turns sitting by Walt... 

The wild irises are visible just above Mother's head.


 
Bill is sporting a new cap.

A little peek at the Upper Falls

Almost to the bridge!



Now we can see the people on that ledge across the river...if I zoom in all the way.

Almost there! The falls are beneath us, hidden under the foliage.



And we finally make it to the bridge!





View of the river from the top. Still can't see the Upper Falls.
I would suggest clearing out some of this to have a better view!


They are better at climbing and hiking than I am. 


Mentally preparing for the trip back down...

Wait, we could have driven up here??
Another wonderful day in New York!
More adventures to follow! 

2 comments:

  1. I think Walt grew even more since you've seen him.
    We met him for lunch yesterday and he looked so handsome. He didn't seem tired or stressed too much, so I think he's easing into things pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He IS very handsome! The girls must think there's a movie star walking around on campus.

    ReplyDelete