Thursday, December 6, 2012

Adventure in New York


Welcome to Owego  NY, voted the coolest town in America in 2009.

Even the back of the stores look interesting, and historic.

This sounds like a terrible year.

A couple of typical homes in Owego.

Everything was neat and tidy.

I really enjoyed antique shopping in town.

 Mother found a huge flower pot that Bill had to secure in the back of the truck.
This is why we will never be able to fly up to NY...
 We need a truck to haul home all of our treasures!

I think  this was the same day that we headed to Tioga Downs.



Way down on one side was a large flea market/antique place.
I really enjoyed walking thru the 3 buildings that were filled with cool stuff.

I still kick myself for not getting this...
A live catch mouse trap! And it was only thirty dollars!

This was probably the scariest house photo I have ever seen. Brrr!

Eventually we regrouped and headed over to watch the horse races.



I think you would develop strong stomach muscles from leaning back like this.






This child was not having any fun, and was determined to let everyone know it.

I don't know how she balanced that car on her head.



I'm holding my little black horse that I got for a souvenir, that really wasn't supposed to be.

Front of one, back of another...

The casino was full of people spending money as fast as they could. 
It was also incredibly noisy.  I couldn't stay in there long.

After a very short ride across the parking lot, we headed home.

 Even the parking lots are lovely in New York.

More NY excitement to follow!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure the rotten kid's mother wasn't too happy to hear someone volunteering to spank her son.

    ReplyDelete