Watkins Glen is another lovely town that would be fun to live in.
We looked at all the shops along Main street and then drove down to the marina
where I felt so "at home" around the sailboats. Strange, since I have never been on one...
where I felt so "at home" around the sailboats. Strange, since I have never been on one...
I could have stayed here all day.
Destination: Little red building up ahead.
Dot and Ken are on the pier behind us. I think Bill was resting in the truck all this time.
This is the scene I pointed out from the park...
I think I will use this in a painting someday. I have decided to try watercolors.
Also adults with very shaky legs trying to walk on the rocks!
Dot and I had to stay close to the rope. Walt was very agile.
I found an iPhone app for the Seneca Lake Wine Trail.
There are over thirty wineries around the lake.
Wouldn't it be fun to live here on the side of the lake?
I think this is looking toward the park with Grandmother Willow that we were at earlier.
Another sailboat is about to pass us.
There were five small children on this boat. I hope everyone was related.
This boat was also taking tourists around the lake.
The Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel is an impressive looking place.
( I checked its website and saw that there is a Champagne Special for New Year's Eve!)
I've had a wonderful day. Goodbye Watkins Glen!
Currently experiencing a wind chill of sixteen degrees, I have really enjoyed remembering this warm day.
ReplyDeleteMy mistake...the actual temperature was 16 with a wind chill of -1 degrees.
DeleteI'd love to be able to paint. I'm amazed at how many pictures you took. I'd
ReplyDeletereally like to have that white farmhouse with the red barn. I guess I've never noticed the cliffs along parts of the lake.