Saturday, December 1, 2012

My Favorite Things


Family on porches,

and evenings in hot tubs,

Rusty and fruit stands,

and long slimy yard slugs,

Acorns that fall and crash into the swing,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Mosses in graveyards,

and white Queen Ann's laces,

Hiking, tree hugging,



and watching horse races,


Walking down driveways where everything's green,

 These are a few of my favorite things.

Canning with Grandma,


and Grandpa Bill's kin,


Sailboats and sisters,



and watching a lab swim,

 
A huge weeping willow that shades everything,


These are some more of my favorite things.

3 comments:

  1. When I sit home and I just think,
    When I'm feeling sad,
    I simply remember my favorite things
    And then I don't feel so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SANG THE WHOLE DURN THING!! Thank you for sharing this with me. I especially appreciate the tree hugging. Not enough of that going on.
    Big hug. Keep blogging. You're good.
    JZ

    ReplyDelete