Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunny Day on Seneca Lake

As I write this, I am fully aware that our temperature tonight will get down to 15 degrees. This makes it even sweeter to look back at the warm summery day we spent on Seneca Lake.



This park right on the edge of the lake is the home of the 
giant weeping willow that was in my Favorite Things blog.

I wish Lindsey had been with us because she would have enjoyed seeing
 Grandmother Willow from the Pocahontas story.

So this photo is for Lindsey.... Grandmother Willow.

I am always attracted to any birds that I see...
and there were lots of birds around the park.
I just like how this one is black at both ends.

Back to the water! Looking toward the town.


 Remember this view because we will be right there in a little while.

 
 I'd love to be on a jet ski on this lake!

Or a sailboat!

 
Or even swimming like these children who were enjoying the water.
 

  Very clear water gently laps upon the rocks.

Come on in! The water is great!



 It was just too much to resist!
Slippery when wet!


Making wonderful memories...


Now we have to get Grandpa Bill out on the rocks.

When did Walt get so tall?

A quiet moment, maybe wondering where the years went?

Time to move on to explore Watkins Glen where we did some antique shopping and sightseeing.


This caught Mother's eye...

while this truck caught my attention.  Not something you see in Kansas!
I will pause here for now and will continue our visit to Watkins Glen on the next posting.

To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. That's a perfect lake for jet skis-- tell Nathan I need 3 of them. Plus a truck and a trailer, that's all.

    ReplyDelete