Saturday, December 29, 2012

Quick Trip to Manhattan

Time for another short trip to Manhattan.
This one was back in the fall. 

 Gazing upon a scenic overlook in the middle of the Flint Hills.
There is a circular walkway with signs describing what is growing in the center flowerbeds.
It looks pretty sad due to the drought this year.

From the overlook you can see more of the same.
  
Grazing in the beautiful rolling Flint Hills.

More signs of drought...
 
  
Some day I am going to stop in Council Grove and look around.
There are a couple of antique shops and restaurants that look interesting.  

The bank was built in 1887, on the route of the Sante Fe Trail.

And finally we have arrived...
Hello friendly young woman, please show us around.

This appears to be your kitchen.


And here are your roommates...

I had a nice visit and look forward to coming back again.

 Love you Sweetie.
 

2 comments:

  1. Blonde!!

    Snazzy cage. Is that the chair you covered?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has darker blonde hair now. Close to her natural color. I really like it.

    Yes, it is a huge cage. And the chair has a slip cover that I made. It actually fits better than it looks in the photo. There is also a matching ottoman.

    ReplyDelete