Thursday, May 2, 2013

Ground Patterns

Our return trip to Houston was another pleasant flight. We traveled along the Texas coastline on a slightly different route which took us over a little more water.  Since most of our flying in Kansas is over farmland, I found the patterns on the ground new and interesting. Some were obvious and some were puzzling...


Aerial Doodles

This sandy part is Padre Island with a cut through it for boats to get from the bay to the Gulf of Mexico. I have forgotten which little town this is.



The inter-coastal waterway...Or whatever the correct name is!




 Foamy-looking waves.

These are not Imperial All Terrain Armored Transport walkers.
I don't know if they are fishing or drilling related...

I think this is somewhere near Corpus Christi.

Another puzzling view...




I don't have any idea what to call this.


I can't even imagine what this looks like from the ground...

This looks man made, whatever it is.


Big boat, little boat, shallow water.

Mother Nature's watercolor palette...
 Wonder what this really is?


This is obviously a racetrack.

Almost back to Ray's.

We arrived safe and sound back at the airport. And finally, something I can identify!
Blooming by the runway is the first indian paintbrush that I have seen this year!






1 comment:

  1. They're so oddly pretty. Nathan would love living there, I bet.

    ReplyDelete