Thursday, May 9, 2013

Signs of Spring

These are some early daffodils that bloomed before we had a late spring ice storm...At least the daffodils didn't mind.  The wisteria, on the other hand, seems to have suffered. I'm not sure if I will have any blooms on it this year. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the apple trees as they had not started blooming yet.













This pear tree is just about to bloom.  
Too bad we are going to have an ice storm shortly...

Oh Dear!

Unbelievable.  Ice so heavy that I am worried about my trees.


My wisteria was just about to start blooming...


No beautiful, fragrant purple flowers this year!


Frozen flowering quince.

I just like this picture...

Icy sandhill plum trees that always bloom but have only produced plums once in 20 years.
Bridal veil spirea...

And finally, my Oklahoma redbud tree...

The weather took forever to warm up and stay warm, but hopefully we have had our last cold spell.  The house plants are going back outside tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment