The flowering quince survived all the cold weather, and appears to be thriving...
The apple trees are blooming now, and also seem unaffected by all the ice and cold weather.
I mowed right after I took this photo of the yard filled with purple henbit.
On the other side of the house I saw a lot of tiny blue flowers.
I'm not kidding... they are tiny!
Wild pink phlox in El Dorado
I saw this at the lake too. I'm not sure what it is. It was a little tree about 6 feet tall. Just beautiful. Any ideas what it is?
I'm not sure what this is either. This one was growing by the lake.
I think I spotted this coming up in a flowerbed, so I'd like to figure out what it is before I remove it...
This tiny thing was blooming everywhere by the lake. Some sort of little lily?
There was also lots of broken glass along the lake shore. Char and I did our good deed for the day and picked up a bagful of pieces from broken beer bottles. We couldn't stand to see it mixed in with all the rocks.
This looked like an animal face staring up at me...
And so I will end this with another odd thing (note the title of this post)...
From El Dorado Lake, the five-holed rock, as modeled by my friend Char...
Come on! How can you NOT put your fingers in a five-holed rock??
I like the tall one with yellow blossoms. Our apples have leafed out a few days ago, and are now blossoming. I need to get pictures, they are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteYour last photo may be the remains of an ancient alien's bowling ball.