Saturday, May 4, 2013

May the Fourth Be With You

Today is May 4th.  It is still cold.  I have had my heater on for the last 3 days. I am tired of cold weather. I am tired of promising my houseplants that I will put them outside on the patio, only to tell them it is going to freeze overnight, yet again. I have lost credibility with my plants.  

It is finally supposed to get warmer, and stay warmer, by next week.  I will believe it when I see it because I have heard that for at least a month now.


We've had a little rain recently. The pond filled up and has been gently overflowing since yesterday. This is from a few days ago.
I can't believe it was totally empty just two months ago.

My neighbor cleared out the cedar trees that had grown up on the edge of the pond.
The cottonwood trees are taking their time leafing out, but the grass has turned green and it certainly looks like spring.

Now if the temperature will climb a little and return to normal for this time of the year. 
 It's May 4th for heaven's sake!
Alright, I am finished complaining for today.
Thank you for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment