Friday, May 24, 2013

Spring Flowers

These are some of the flowers that have been colorizing my yard lately...
Midnight Iris


Lavender Blues

Two tone Iris

 Top View

New lamb's ears

Spiderwort
The strange thing about this spiderwort is that it looks distinctly purple to me, yet photographs blue.  The green is a perfect match to what I saw, yet the flowers are completely different.  Is this a near ultraviolet effect?
Remember how we used to squish the buds to get the inky stains on our fingers?
The plants used to grow beside our house's garage on Ryson.

Waldo Wisteria
These are the only blossoms this spring.
 Maybe I'll have more on the usual second bloom later this summer. 
  
Lilacs

Waiting for the roses, daylilies and  rudbeckia to bloom...
 

2 comments:

  1. I like the dark purple one. My spiderworts are just a few inches tall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purple one looks black in the sunlight. And my pink spiderwort gets almost 2 feet tall.

    ReplyDelete